Wednesday, November 24, 2010
In honor of Dr. Jeffrey W. Olin and his devotion to fighting Fibromuscular Dysplasia, we give Thanks!
As Thanksgiving is approaching there are many things that MWVA is grateful for. With that said, there is someone extraordinary who MWVA want to give thanks to.
Words alone cannot describe the difference this person has made for those affected by FMD. His dedication and devotion to Fibromuscular Dysplasia goes above and beyond and for this we are grateful.
Today we give thanks to Dr. Jeffery Olin of Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York.
Please, this Thanksgiving raise a toast in honor of the many achievements and accomplishments that have been made because of the dedication of this truly remarkable physician.
In Honor of Dr. Olin, I give you his 10 ten list with a bit of twist:
Dr. Olin’s Top 10 List
Top 10 Mistakes in FMD Diagnosis & Treatment
10. Not listening to the neck with a stethoscope during physical examination
9. Not performing an MRA of the brain in patients with carotid artery FMD
8. Performing an angioplasty and telling the patient the artery is normal by looking at it
7. Telling the patient (and their doctors) that they can determine the degree of narrowing of an artery by looking at an angiogram
6. Telling patients with severe headaches with FMD that there is nothing that you can do for them
5. Telling patients that the symptoms are all in their head
4.Telling patients there are no experts in FMD
3. Telling the patients that FMD is a rare disease
2. Telling patients that FMD is a fatal disease with no treatment
1. Not VOTING for MWVA RefreshEverything so this important work can continue!
Don't forget to vote Daily! Text 103887 to Pepsi (73774)
or log on through Facebook at: http://www.refresheverything.com/mwva
Leave us a note and let us know you were there!
Kari & Jennifer